flex-users mailing list archives

From bilbosax <waspenc...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Why are Spark Datagrid headers sorting my data so slowly in Air?
Date Sat, 23 Jul 2016 07:42:05 GMT
Thanks for the quick reply.  I have to admit that although I have programmed
a lot for fun in Flex, this is the first time I want to deploy a desktop app
to be used on a regular basis.  Thus, I was intending on profiling the
application when I was finished building it, but have very very limited
experience using the Profiler. Taking a quick look at it, it looks like once
all my components are built and deployed including all my dropdownlist
filters and the datagrid which has been loaded with my 40k records, the
application is using about 90MB of memory. Even after I start playing with
the dropdownlists that I use to filter the datagrid, the memory useage seems
to stay put.  I don't know what it means, but I am a little surprised to see
that an itemrenderer is using 14.32% of the memory with 24 instances.  The
renderer is very simple.  The column data is either true or false, so I have
a button that displays in the renderer and is visible if the value is true
and is not visible if it is false.  The button has a skin that is also using
about 14% of the memory with 24 instances.  These two items are in the top 6
of the items displayed.  I have no idea if this means anything to the
sorting speed of the table when clicking on a header.

Is there anything in particular that I should be looking for in the
profiler?