flex-users mailing list archives

From pwave <...@kalenconnect.com>
Subject Re: AW: IDE Dilemma
Date Sat, 09 Jul 2016 16:10:33 GMT
We tried FDT, but they didn't have a support team that could handle requests.
When using the tool, my developers found it similar to Flash Builder, which
was a good thing, but it wasn't as fast to develop with as IntelliJ. I
wanted to like and buy the FDT tool, but the IDE is a core function of a
business, and paid or non-paid support is essential.

I wondered if others ran into this issue, and how they handled it.

It sounds like IntelliJ is the best solution, and I don't mind starting to
allocate resources to contribute to a Flex plugin for worker breakpoints.
I'm going to have to consider buying an FDT license though, if we have to
use breakpoints on Workers in the meantime. I'm wondering if I can get
around that issue by unit testing the hell out of the 'invisible' threads.

If you have any experience regarding FDT that contradicts what I'm saying,
please let me know.