flex-users mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Time zone issue
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2016 18:35:58 GMT

On 6/17/16, 6:47 AM, "jfb" <j.balladares@verizon.net> wrote:

>Thanks for your help and reply Alex,
>Yes, using the string fix the issue but i have many of my
>components/modules
>using dateChooser, it is a huge time consuming in my app. My friends in
>the
>other project using extJS are booooing flex :)

How would extJS handle this any better?

IMO, it isn't about DateChooser it is about what you send/receive from the
backend.  One way to think about is that you effectively want someone to
see a printed version of data printed in a different timezone, essentially
like sending them a PDF, and thus String may be the right data type to
use, instead of Date which is intended to be converted to local time.

>I found this:
>http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6503924/flex-handling-timezone-offset
>I have this folder C:\ColdFusion9\wwwroot\WEB-INF\flex where is the
>services-config.xml file.
>Inside the file i see this line:
><service id="myProxyBootstrapService"
>class="org.myapp.flex.proxy.MyProxyBootstrapService"/>
>I am using coldFusion 9. I am not sure where to store the java files and
>how
>to defined the class call, anyone knows this?

I think there may be ColdFusion forums that can help you.  I haven't done
much CF work.

-Alex