flex-users mailing list archives

From modjkl...@comcast.net
Subject how to pad text in mx:MenuBar?
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2016 01:41:54 GMT
I'm using mx:MenuBar with Flex 4.12 SDK, and having trouble figuring out how to shift the menu
text down a few pixels.

Ideally this would be a paddingTop adjustment so only the text shifts.

The text in question is what appears just looking the menu bar, without clicking, hovering,
etc. over it with a mouse. It's the text that after you click it, it opens up a menu below
it (note: the text I want to shift is the one you click on, not the text that appears after
you click it).

I don't want to change the margin of the menu bar.

So far, I've tried

<fx:Style>
.menuStyle{
paddingTop:3;
}
</fx:Style>

but this deals with the items that appear after you click the menu bar. How to adjust the
text of the menu bar itself?

I also tried CSS changes but didn't find anything that effected MenuBar.

mx|MenuBar {

paddingTop:3;

}

mx|List {

paddingTop:3;

}

Any hints very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.