flex-users mailing list archives

From Peter Ent <p...@adobe.com>
Subject [FlexJS] Cordova Update
Date Mon, 16 May 2016 20:49:45 GMT
Hi,

In light of the good progress made with CreateJS integration, I've taken another look at Apache
Cordova and FlexJS and made some improvements. I've rewritten the FlexJS Wiki page[1] which
guides you through getting Cordova set up.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with Apache Cordova, it is a platform for distributing
JavaScript applications across a variety of mobile devices and browsers. For example, if you
have wanted to write a camera app, you can use Cordova and its camera plugin to write the
app in JavaScript and have it run on iOS and Android devices (among others).

The FlexJS Cordova framework lets you write your app in ActionScript will all of its benefits
(syntax checking, type checking, IDE support) as well as using MXML for your app's initial
layouts. The FlexJS compiler then cross-compiles your ActionScript/MXML files into JavaScript
which you can further package with Cordova and deploy to devices.

This update to the FlexJS Cordova framework makes it easier to accomplish the compilation
and packaging via a single ANT script. If you are looking for mobile development, FlexJS and
Cordova is worth exploring.

Regards,
Peter Ent
Adobe Systems/Apache Flex Project