flex-users mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [FlexJS] How to use the Graphics framework?
Date Fri, 13 May 2016 16:13:30 GMT

On 5/13/16, 8:23 AM, "Peter Ent" <pent@adobe.com> wrote:

>IMHO, the default property should be the most obvious or property with the
>highest priority. IOW, I don't see why fill should be more important than
>stroke, so the graphics shouldn't have a default property.

Maybe it is just me, but I fill just about every circle.  Another option
is to create a SolidColorFilledCircle component.  It wouldn't have any
child tags at all.  That's a good illustration of aggregation into
higher-level components.

BTW, regarding checking for valid input, it is surprising that something
didn't throw an error, but also, IMO, the components should not do input
validation because when you get to production, you should have done some
tests and found issues like these such that input validation is a waste of
time in production.  Instead, it would be great to find a volunteer to
explore the notion of debug beads.  These would be beads that plug into
views or components and do input validation based on some configuration
option.

Thoughts?
-Alex