flex-users mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Flex Ant+ Garmin Sensors
Date Wed, 25 May 2016 01:37:20 GMT
Hi,

> I assume you need to tap into some libraries in the android sdk? for a
> mobile app and I am not too sure what to do on windows to access the Ant+
> data.

It's going to depend on how scalable you want the system to be ad how many devices you need
to talk to.

If you just talking to a few devices then the way I usually go is via some sort of proxy (HTTP/Websockets/MQTT
to USB/Serial) or implement the protocol (if it’s simple enough) directly in AS.

With ANT+ my understanding it that the ANT USB stick just shows up as a serial port so either
of those approaches should be possible. It may be that someone has already written a proxy
that does the work for you.

Hope that helps,
Justin