flex-users mailing list archives

From Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Thanks to the Team
Date Fri, 22 Apr 2016 05:02:39 GMT
https://www.facebook.com/ApacheFlexSDK

Harbs

On Apr 22, 2016, at 7:00 AM, Lou <lh.fxdev@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes. I've been pondering community outreach strategies myself. IMO the showcase gallery
is already very impressive (provided it hasn't accumulated broken links). So I've been thinking
along the lines of tech blogs/articles, social media, or a "fact checker" team which seeks
out and combats misinformation/FUD on Internet sites (I really hate disinformation and blatant
falsehoods). Of course, this is quite a bit of work. And although FlexJS is a great development
to draw people in and provide greater flexibility, the Flex + Flash platform and AIR remain
heavyweight champions for many use-cases if you're concerned with cost-efficiency. Corporations
are throwing money down the drain if they aren't involved here.

> But there is a way to "like" something--there's an Apache Flex Facebook group.
>
> +1 to the original email.
>
> --
> Lou
>
> On Fri, 22 Apr 2016 08:07:38 +0930
> Karl KTA <karl@kingtideapps.com> wrote:
>
>> If only there was a to LIKE that. How can we like FLEX more. Is there a showcase
gallery that we can all contribute to? - to promote FLEX? and maximise usage and support for
the platform and grow the coder base again.