flex-users mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [FlexJS] Using CreateJS with FlexJS
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2016 20:48:45 GMT

On 4/27/16, 1:30 PM, "Peter Ent" <pent@adobe.com> wrote:

>I added a new beginning to the Wiki article that walks through creating
>the same demos followed by the comparison.

Thanks.  I think that better illustrates that there are fewer steps to
getting started, which I hope will be attractive to 3rd party framework
communities.

If you have time, it might be better to write up the FlexJS steps from a
command-line perspective.  I don't think folks will get an IDE to first
get started.  I'm not quite sure how to illustrate it in words, but I
think it might be something like:

1. Create a new file called Demo.mxml.
2. Paste the following CreateJS Application template (and I would include
the View tag in the template).
3. Insert Circle tag inside the View tag
4. Compile and open bin/js-debug/index.html in a browser.

We could even collapse 1 & 2 by posting the template on our site for
downloading.

Thanks,
-Alex