flex-users mailing list archives

From OmPrakash Muppirala <bigosma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: BlazeDS, GraniteDS
Date Sun, 17 Apr 2016 05:35:51 GMT
On Apr 16, 2016 10:17 PM, "Paul Hastings" <paul.hastings@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4/17/2016 9:46 AM, OmPrakash Muppirala wrote:
>>
>> I have couple of apps running REST services which serve AMF responses.
>> Works exceedingly well!
>

> curious as to the logic for that. can you explain a bit more?

The server side logic is in Java.  The REST call results in a a few POJOs
generated.  Using the AMF serializer jars from BlazeDS, we convert the
POJOs into AMF objects and return them as the response.

We have two clients, one in HTML/JS and one in Flex.  The HTML/JS app hits
the same endpoint,  but requests a JSON response.   The Flex app requests
an AMF reaponse.

We threw in an XML response to have a human readable response for
debuggging purposes.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Om