flex-users mailing list archives

From Paul Hastings <paul.hasti...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: BlazeDS, GraniteDS
Date Sun, 17 Apr 2016 05:15:26 GMT
On 4/17/2016 9:32 AM, Lou wrote:
> We still use AMF.  By the release notes it looks like they shifted CF towards
> REST/SOAP.  REST is fine, but it doesn't seem smart abandoning technologies
> which still arguably work better than the alternatives, especially when
> supporting both should be easy enough.  What are they thinking at Adobe?

adobe recently stated there will be no abandoning flash remoting in CF, "we will
not deprecate flash remoting/blazeDS yet". and for adobe CF, "deprecated" is a
long long way from "removed"--stuff deprecated since cf6 is only just now being
removed in cf 2016 (more or less version 12).

they'd freeze a noticeable chunk of their sales if they did. so i wouldn't panic
just yet.

and i'm not sure the "release notes" support the idea of cf abandoning flash
remoting either. they've just put the usual emphasis on their newer bits, in
this case the REST/SOAP API manager.