flex-users mailing list archives

From Julien Desquenne <jdesque...@polyedre.fr>
Subject Re: Bad Datagrid scrolling performance on Yoga3 (core i5 / geforce 940M)
Date Sat, 02 Apr 2016 19:33:33 GMT
Sorry for late answer.

Thanks for your answer Alex Harui.
I now have other computers which have the same problem, with different
hardware.

To be more accurate :
- the datagrid uses different ItemRender for columns and they are
dynamically modified with the data.
   (depending of the data, the 1st column can display a checkbox, the
2nd a textinput, the 3rd an image, etc)
- i made a test : i remove every itemRenderer and I let the datagrid
with default column, and the scroll is fluid. Like other computer.
- i used the profiler and saw that there is a memory leak when I scroll
on the datagrid with the itemRenderers enabled.
   it seems that new Itemrenderer are created when I scroll, and the old
ones are not freed.

I found this article :
http://www.frishy.com/2012/02/mis-using-itemrendererfunction-and-memory-leaks/

I modified the "new ClassFactory()" as adviced but it doesn't resolve
the problem.
Do you think it can be resolved by using an "universal" ItemRenderer
which has a Combobox, a CheckBox, and Image etc and display only what
necessary ?

Or do you have any other advices ?

Thanks for help !