flex-users mailing list archives

From Lou <lh.fx...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: BlazeDS, GraniteDS
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2016 04:56:25 GMT
Well I'm not complaining (okay, I suppose I was a little), but there are probably cases where
Maven/Ant aren't being used (Gradle?), although Ant is fairly universal.  There are definitely
cases where these tools cannot connect directly (think secure corporate networks with aggressive
firewall rules, or even no Internet access at all).  It would be the preference for us (w/MD5s
of course), but I understand the challenges.  The assumption that everyone is using Maven
and can build themselves is far better than "nobody cares" enough for binaries!

--
Lou

On Mon, 18 Apr 2016 04:18:26 +0000
Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com> wrote:

> On 4/16/16, 3:34 PM, "Lou" <lh.fxdev@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >I noticed that Apache doesn't do convenience binaries for Blaze (is it
> >due to infrequent use?)
>
> Do you mean a package of files similar to how Adobe shipped BlazeDS?  I
> think we thought just about every BlazeDS user was using Maven.  Anyone
> who prefers the package of files please speak up.  We can certainly
> release a similar package of files, but in theory, you can also build that
> package yourself.  I think the Ant files are in the source package to
> create a similar package, and if not, maybe you can help us make it so.
>
> Let us know if you can't use Ant to build such a package.
>
> Thanks,
> -Alex

---