flex-users mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Do and Don't while Converting to FlexJS App from Flex
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2016 16:52:15 GMT

On 3/30/16, 7:24 AM, "tiwari_kp" <tiwari_kp@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>I have got running flex app which I want to rebuild it in FlexJS.
>Since I am using BlazeDS and Java as backend, I would like to know below
>things
>- Will communication happens through remoteobject in FlexJS also

We have not implemented RemoteObject in JS yet.  Volunteers are welcome to
make it happen.

>- resulthandler, faulthaldler etc will exist

I would imagine it would when folks get around to implementing it.

>Is there any Do' and Don't document there..or any tutorials

We don't have good documentation on this yet.  Partly because the do's and
don'ts keep changing as we develop new capabilities in the cross-compiler
and framework.  Again volunteers are welcome to help build out this
documentation.  Next Monday I will be presenting at the FlexJS World Tour
event in San Francisco and some of the slides will discuss do's and
don'ts.  I'll post the slides.

FWIW, regarding RemoteObject, one way of thinking about the problem is
this:  If FlexJS didn't exist and you had to move to some other non-Flex
solution, what would you do with your backend?  Some folks have migrated
their backend to JSON so non-Flex clients can access it.  And then they
can build a client with FlexJS now that talks to that same JSON backend
without having to wait for RemoteObject in FlexJS.

HTH,
-Alex