flex-users mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: strange type error
Date Mon, 28 Mar 2016 04:21:12 GMT

On 3/27/16, 2:10 AM, "Paul Hastings" <paul.hastings@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 3/27/2016 12:30 PM, Alex Harui wrote:
>
>> It looks to me that a server request has returned with a successful
>> result, but the esri handler decided there was something wrong and is
>> calling an error handler (handleError), which tries to call the fault()
>> handler on that server request.  The function signature on that fault
>> handler is expecting a FaultEvent when it either should expect an
>> mx.rpc.Fault, or maybe handleError passed an mx.rpc.Fault when it should
>> have passed a FaultEvent.
>
>so likely a bug in the ESRI lib?

Not clear whose bug it is.  I don't know this code at all.  If ESRI says
you have to supply a fault handler then maybe it wasn't clear what the
input type of the fault handler should be.  It looks like most Fault
handlers are supposed to expect a FaultEvent.  Maybe ESRI specifies
differently?  Otherwise, it would be their bug for sending a Fault instead
of a FaultEvent.  Or if it is their code specifying the fault handler and
expecting the wrong type.

HTH,
-Alex