flex-users mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Updating className
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2016 06:48:23 GMT

On 3/14/16, 10:58 PM, "santanu4ver" <santanu4ver@gmail.com> wrote:

>> If you want to try to create the missing beads, we'll be happy to try to
>> help you get started.
>
>Thank you Alex, yes I would like to try. Let me know how to proceed. Here
>in
>our organisation we really likes to see FlexJS comes out a solid
>development
>platform for browser HTML written in ActionScript.

I think you should be able to take a copy of SolidBackgroundBead and call
it something like SolidBackgroundBeadWithStyleWatchers (another option is
to try to subclass SolidBackgroundBead).

I think in the strand setter you can add another listener for the
classNameChanged event.  That handler needs to update the backgroundColor
property by calling ValuesManager, then call the changeHandler.

You would test that out in your app by defining a custom CSS selector for
the Container:

Container
{
    iBackgroundBead:
ClassReference("org.apache.flex.html.beads.SolidBackgroundBeadWithStyleWatc
hers");
}

I may have forgotten something, so let us know how it goes.  I'm shutting
down for tonight but will check in the morning.  Peter or someone in an
earlier time zone will help.

Thanks for trying,
-Alex