flex-users mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: FlexJS HTTPService for XML parsing
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2016 07:10:40 GMT

On 3/8/16, 3:42 AM, "santanu4ver" <santanu4ver@gmail.com> wrote:

>I'm sending you the demo project I'm working on so the test URL will be
>same
>as mine. Click on 'Reload Data' button upon application starts in browser.
>Things I want to note against this source:
>
>1. HTTPService.lazyCollection do not uses any JSONItemConverter
>2. HTTPService.lazyCollection uses an instance of JSONInputParser class
>without extending it
>3. This worked in OSX Safari as HTML but Firefox
>4. Previously when I added custom JSONItemConverter I found OSX Firefox
>working, but Chrome and IE in Windows failing.
>
>https://www.dropbox.com/s/fut9y55zih4qojc/TestFlexJSTableForAlex.zip?dl=0

I took a quick look.  I should have thought of this earlier, but for me on
MacOSX with Chrome and Firefox I get a CORS error:

Cross-Origin Request Blocked: The Same Origin Policy disallows reading the
remote resource at
http://www.gadhavitechnologies.com/project/Flex/testData.json. (Reason:
CORS header 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' missing).

I'm not a security expert, but AIUI, Flash has a "localTrusted" sandbox
that when you are running from file:// it does not check crossdomain.xml
and allows all http access (mainly because there is no "domain" associated
with file:// URLs).  I am even less of an HTML security expert, but AIUI,
Chrome and Firefox expect CORS headers in the response even when running
from file:// (no idea what domain it uses).

So, search the internet for ideas on how to deal with that and see if
things get better for you.

HTH,
-Alex