flex-users mailing list archives

From santanu4ver <santanu4...@gmail.com>
Subject Responsive design needs for FlexJS HTML output
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2016 05:31:54 GMT
Hello,

I have already read about this at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/FlexJS+Layout that how
FlexJS implemented "just-in-time" instead of "just-in-case" philosophy to
save browser processes from listening to parent/children size changes and
re-layout an application UI. Since responsive design concept is high on
these days (and also a valid requirement I believe), I would like to start
discuss on this.

We have application where we want to listen browser size changes dynamically
in FlexJS HTML output. We also wants to manipulate children/sub-children
sizes based upon that, and to component properties, i.e.
<js:VerticalColumnLayout/> columnCount change etc. How we can able to meet
this?

I didn't seen any event to listen browser size changes to FlexJS (if
available, please let me know); Apache Wiki page also mentioned to dispatch
"layoutNeeded" event but I'm unclear where or how this event should dispatch
- is it possible to provide any code example too? We would like to be this
process exhaustive if it requires, if this even cost an extra browser
process I think that is valid consideration considering the kind of
advantage that it'd give. Even Apache wouldn't want to bring the responsive
layout feature to FlexJS, we need to want this for our application.

So, how can we implement this to our application, can you give some
descriptive suggestion?

Thank you once again.