flex-users mailing list archives

From leokan23 <...@best-web.gr>
Subject Re: Flex mobile Upload to php server problem
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2016 17:21:33 GMT
Ok so i did a lot of trials with this and it looks like that the URLRequest
sometimes fails without a reason.

my testing code is:

protected function galleryPhotoButton2_clickHandler(event:MouseEvent):void
			{
				imgFile = File.documentsDirectory;
				imgFile = imgFile.resolvePath("header_bg_old.jpg");

				var urlRequest:URLRequest = new
URLRequest("http://MY_DOMAIN/app/photo_upload/upload.php");
				urlRequest.useCache = false;
				urlRequest.contentType="multipart/form-data";

				imagelbl.text=imgFile.nativePath;
				trace(imgFile.url);
				image.source=imgFile.url;
				file = imgFile;

				if(!file.exists)
				{

					trace("File does not exist");
				}
				file.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE, uploadCompleteHandler);
				file.addEventListener(Event.OPEN, openUploadHandler);
				file.addEventListener(ProgressEvent.PROGRESS, onProgress);
				file.addEventListener(IOErrorEvent.IO_ERROR, uploadFailed);

				var variables:URLVariables = new URLVariables();
				variables.folder=folder.text;

				urlRequest.method=URLRequestMethod.POST;
				urlRequest.data=variables;

				ping();

				file.upload(urlRequest, "fileToUpload", false );
				urlRequest = null;
			}

I have writen a ping method (URLMonitor) to actually find out if the flex
app get's the link.
When trying this on a local server (XAMPP), it works everytime,
When i try it on the live server, i have to wait for a while and it works
2-4 times out of 10. All the other times i get the error Error #2038: File
I/O Error. URL. I have tried in 3 different servers with the same results.

Not sure how to get over this.