flex-users mailing list archives

From santanu4ver <santanu4...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Updating className
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2016 04:54:52 GMT
Hello everyone. Thank you, for taking yours time out to helping me solve this
problem.

Peter Ent wrote
> 3. Then use the SolidBackgroundBead's backgroundColor property setter to
> change the background color:
>
>         this.backgroundColor = newColorFromStyle;
>
> and that should work or be very close to it. I don't think you need the
> compiler directives at all.

Does that mean I do not need to call /changeHandler()/ after this?

Alex Harui wrote
> However, SolidBackgroundBead is only used for SWFs since the DIV used by
> Container in HTML already supports backgroundColor (or should unless we
> have a bug).

1. I noticed that updating 'className' property with another style updates
in HTML version (background-color) which supports your saying.
2. Since we purely interested in HTML output, we may want to emphasis on how
it's working on HTML version
3. Passing border styles through 'className' styles never worked in HTML
version (nor in SWF version). This only I able to worked through
<js:SimpleCSSStyles/>. Does border styles through 'className' property is
not supportable?
4. If <js:SimpleCSSStyles/> ONLY able to give us ability to modify border
styles, then I would like to discuss how to update this style instead of
'className' property.
5. Why <js:SimpleCSSStyles/> has 'verticalAlign' but not 'horizontalAlign'?
Moreover, why the property is not working expectedly in HTML or SWF output?
6. If I declare both 'className' and <js:SimpleCSSStyles/> to a Container,
which style should take preference?

Lots of questions, but I think this also a learning curve for me/us. Thanks
for yours patience and staying long with me!