flex-users mailing list archives

From santanu4ver <santanu4...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FlexJS HTTPService for XML parsing
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2016 11:13:39 GMT

> Cross-Origin Request Blocked: The Same Origin Policy disallows reading the
> remote resource at
> http://www.gadhavitechnologies.com/project/Flex/testData.json. (Reason:
> CORS header 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' missing).

I replaced the remote source call by relative to project source call and
uploaded complete 'js-debug' to a remote location. I found accessing
HTTPService.json is working cross-browsers, cross-platforms.

I therefore run same 'js-debug/index.html' which has relative source call
only as file:// URLs way. I found accessing HTTPService.json is again
failing to some of the browsers:

- Accessible in: Safari, Firefox (OSX), Firefox (Windows)
- Not Accessible in: Chrome, IE (Windows)

Since HTTPService call is still working partly to specific browsers,
uploading source to a remote location everytime to test may not be an
intuitive process. Also, how we determine if such Cross-origin request block
occur - does HTTPService.complete event reports that by some specific
property?

Thanks!