flex-users mailing list archives

From santanu4ver <santanu4...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FlexJS HTTPService for XML parsing
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2016 05:38:35 GMT
Alex Harui wrote
> It may be that if you have a ValueObject linked into the app, you can just
> take the HTTPService.data or HTTPService.json, make sure it is an array,
> and instantiate an ArrayList with that array.  I'm not clear whether you
> are actually getting the same data or json in the cross-compiled version
> as you are in the SWF version.  If not, we need to figure that out first.

What we were trying to do is looking into HTTPService.json property and
generate our ValueObjects by looping through the array of elements inside
HTTPService.json. I think that is the most convenient process for us at this
moment and a game-changer for us at this moment. BUT, as I've mentioned in
my previous post, when run as HTML - HTTPService.json or HTTPService.data
availability is not parallel to all platforms. Here is our test matrix:

- Available in MacOS Safari
- Not available in ANY other browsers than Safari in MacOS
- Not available in FF or Chrome browsers in Windows
- Available to IE in Windows only after enabling ActiveX when prompted

(Tested OSX versions were Yosemite and 10.7.5)

Alex Harui wrote
> The default JSONInputParser is not very smart and is probably being fooled
> by your data.  It is expecting the first "[" to contain the array of data
> and the array to have flat data.
>
> In theory, an InputParser could just look for "{", "}" and "," tokens to
> determine when it is at the end of a "ValueObject", and that should be
> faster than actually asking JSON.parse to convert the whole thing in many
> cases.
>
> So, the best approach may be for you to just do the experiment with
> getting HTTPService.json and handing it to an ArrayList.  Then we can see
> what bugs need to be fixed if that doesn't work.  We want it to work for
> data sets that can be converted fast enough to not block the UI thread.

We shall try to experiment by manipulating JSON data structure as you
suggested, so if JSONInputParser can understand it. But HTTPService.json
availability is critical to all browsers and platforms, I think.