flex-users mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Error #2006: The supplied index is out of bounds
Date Mon, 29 Feb 2016 21:40:33 GMT
Om,

Why stageWidth/stageHeight and not 8192?  And won't that just stack the
StageTexts at that point?  I haven't looked to deeply at this issue, but I
thought it was about scrolling a long document.  Let's say you want to
caption a list of pictures that are 1000 pixels in height, the StageText
where you want to edit the caption is 20 pixels in height and you 10 of
them.  In theory it should be ok to place StageTexts at y=10000, otherwise
you won't get smooth scrolling.  If you force it back to 8192 or
stageHeight it will overlap something else.

Without thinking too much about it, some sort of virtual layout would
probably be required, like the MX lists do.

Of course, I could be wrong...

-Alex