flex-users mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Bad Datagrid scrolling performance on Yoga3 (core i5 / geforce 940M)
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2016 15:49:10 GMT
Try running a performance profiler (either Adobe Scout or Adobe Flash
Builder) and compare output on the slow vs fast machines.

Also, think about differences, even small ones:
-Are both fast and slow computers running Win10?
-Are both using the same anti-virus memory scanners?
-Is the actual size of the DG's columns and rows exactly the same number
of pixels?
-Is the slower computer using a higher-resolution display?

All of the above can contribute to the problem. I even saw one case where
the newer computer was running a different Windows theme so the browser
chrome was a couple of pixels smaller which made the DG column a couple of
pixels wider which made the text flow work harder trying to compute the
line breaks.

-Alex