flex-users mailing list archives

From jude <flexcapaci...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error Downloading Flex JS
Date Sun, 07 Feb 2016 06:41:54 GMT
Here's the page, http://flex.apache.org/installer.html. The badge installer
should pop open an application install dialog like this,
http://imgur.com/tQ2n3gl instead of linking to a dmg file.

Then, whenever you open the app it will tell you if an update is available
and you can choose to update it or not.

I think it's better to have an AIR file instead of a DMG because anyone can
create the app.air file. If you need to create a dmg or exe you have to
have a windows or mac respectively.

I've spent some time working with the AIR badge installer and made it as
simple as possible. With the UpdateApplication class you just drop it into
your main Application.mxml file and then export as an AIR file. The badge
installer html page also uses secure links. Here are the instructions, How
to use AIR badge installer and updater for your AIR apps
<https://gist.github.com/monkeypunch3/73d9e339ac09aa46bc9a>.