flex-users mailing list archives

From Stuart Thomas <stho...@beyondconnect.com.INVALID>
Subject RE: SoftKeyboard and TextField combined
Date Wed, 17 Feb 2016 23:52:30 GMT
Yes, I found that too, the dimensions can be inaccurate.  Love FreshPlanet - cool of you to
share, this is excellent!  Ok, so I'll continue to work on a mixture of speed/cadence/events
in order to give the appearance that the textfield is attached - this ANE will certainly help,
ty!

Swiping the keyboard with your finger though, now that we can't do.  We can't position the
native keyboard, we just know when it's opening/opened/closed.  I wonder if one could control
the position of the softkeyboard natively?  If so, then perhaps that's the way to go with
an ANE.

Does anyone know if it's possible on iOS or Android to control the position of the softkeyboard?

Thank you!

 -sT

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Dove [mailto:greg.dove@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2016 11:28 AM
To: users@flex.apache.org
Subject: Re: SoftKeyboard and TextField combined

I haven't done this specifically, but I have certainly moved input fields to cope with softkeyboard
appearance/size, while keeping the app's background static. I am not aware whether what you
described exists as an ANE in its own right, but if not, I think you will need an ANE at the
very least for accurate soft keyboard dimensions, the softKeyboardRect is not accurate on
some devices. I have not used this one, but I have down something similar, and it would probably
help for some android devices/keyboard combinations:
https://github.com/freshplanet/ANE-KeyboardSize