flex-users mailing list archives

From lexx <alexey.kalmyk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: fdb doesn't see some classes in AIR application
Date Sat, 06 Feb 2016 17:09:31 GMT

Alex Harui wrote
> On 2/6/16, 5:38 AM, "lexx" &lt;

> alexey.kalmykoff@

> &gt; wrote:
> FDB will not see classes that are loaded from SWFs that do not have debug
> info in them (was compiled with -debug=false).  FDB will also not see
> classes that are loaded after you do "info files".

The SWF has EnableDebbuger2 tag set. Also I am able to debug certain classes
from that SWF e.g. set breakpoints using filenames and method names:

break SomeClass.as:someMethod

and get variables values. So my guess is that SWF contains debug info (at
least for some classes).

I also believe that this SWF contains the class I am interested in because I
can see corresponding DoABC2 tag. However, I still don't see it using "info
files". I'm trying to run "info files" after I see debug messages from this
class, so it should be loaded already.

Can it be the case that some classes have debug info, while others don't?

Alex Harui wrote
> When you see [DYNAMIC] it means that SWFs are being loaded (often as RSLs)
> so you don't really have a single-swf app.  If the classes you are looking
> for are in those SWFs then that would explain what you are seeing.

Is there any way to get URLs/paths for this dynamically loaded SWF/RSLs? I
couldn't find any references in code, SWF or application.xml. The only idea
I have right now is to add some debug output to fdb itself to see what it
loads and where from.

Thanks again for your time and help!

PS: Sorry for elementary questions. I'm a Java dev, and all that AS stuff is
new to me.