flex-users mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Compile with debug info
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2015 15:49:23 GMT

On 12/8/15, 4:17 AM, "mark goldin" <markzolotoy@gmail.com> wrote:

>Well, setup on the build server is what I am looking for. Like I said, I
>have added a parameter -debug=true but the size of output swf file did not
>change.
>I am trying to figure out what else does it take to make an output swf
>file
>with debugging info in it.

Assuming -debug=true is on the command-line arguments (and there is no
duplicate -debug-false on the same command line), that will add debugging
info to all source code that needs to be compiled to create the SWF.

Setting debug=true in a -config.xml file can be overridden by -debug=false
on the command-line.

Any SWCs, modules, or RSLs involved will not have debugging info unless
they were compiled with debugging info in them.

There is an optimizer that can be run on SWFs that removes the debugging
info.

The -optimize command-line option might override -debug=true.

HTH,
-Alex