flex-users mailing list archives

From OmPrakash Muppirala <bigosma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Flex-sdk on linux
Date Wed, 23 Dec 2015 17:23:20 GMT
Trevor,

The main question is whether you are building an AIR app or not. Is you
are, then you will not be able to use Linux as a build machine.

If you are building a web Flex app,  you can use Linux as a build machine.

In this case, what I have done is this.   Use the Installer on Windows or
Mac and create an IDE compatible Flex SDK.  Then, simply copy this
installed SDK to your Linux machine.   In your build scripts change the SDK
directory appropriately.   The builds should just work.

I have a CI server with a Jenkins instance on a Linux box that builds my
web Flex app on every checkin. Works like a charm!

Thanks,
Om