flex-users mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [FlexJS] Integration with bootstrap
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2015 17:01:37 GMT

On 11/24/15, 8:18 AM, "Saul Diaz" <cripito.sd@gmail.com> wrote:

>It  may help initially if we can customize the html that's generated as
>we did with the template in AS . I can't see a way.

The only ways to alter the HTML right now is to add a comment in the .JS
file with <inject_html> in it, and the cross-compiler will inject the
contents of the tag into the HTML.  See
Mobile/js/src/org/apache/cordova/Camera.js, for example.

And, of course, you can always prep a .JS file to write to the DOM.

>How I can help?

Well, if you know Java, you could alter the compiler so you can use a
custom HTML template.

If you want to take on a big task, it would be to make a copy of
Core/as/src/org/apache/flex/core/SimpleCSSValuesImpl.as, call it
AdvancedCSSValuesImpl.as, and try to write a more complex CSS lookup
algorithm.

If you want a medium-sized task, you could try to create a Bootstrap.swc
that implements the various UI controls exactly as Bootstrap wants it.
Without AdvancedCSSValuesImpl it won't look right in the SWF, but you
should be able to see it work with custom Bootstrap CSS themes in the
HTML/JS/CSS version.  Let's talk more before you start on that because it
might be better if you work in one of our branches and try to write the JS
in AS and cross-compile it.

And if you don't have time for either of those, your continued attempts to
use FlexJS and provide feedback always inspires us to keep working on it.
Maybe as more folks use this release, we'll have some simpler bugs filed
and you can help fix those.  And there is always a need for better
documentation and more unit tests.

FlexJS is going to be built by this community, not by Adobe or some other
corporation.  It will go faster if everyone can pitch in a little.  If you
or anyone else has time to help, please use the dev@ mailing list for
discussion.

Thanks,
Alex