flex-users mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: serious problem with FileReferenceList in Chrome on Mac
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2015 16:06:14 GMT
I did some digging, and the implication of this article is that Firefox is not handling UTF-8
in the file names, although as pointed out in the article [1], Chrome’s handling breaks
web sites.  What does Safari do?

-Alex

[1] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9975149/difference-firefox-chrome-when-encoding-umlauts

From: Marcus Fritze <marcus.fritze@googlemail.com<mailto:marcus.fritze@googlemail.com>>
Date: Tuesday, November 3, 2015 at 5:44 AM
To: "users@flex.apache.org<mailto:users@flex.apache.org>" <users@flex.apache.org<mailto:users@flex.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: serious problem with FileReferenceList in Chrome on Mac

Thank you very much for the useful tips.

Ok, when I select the file name

ABC_ä.png

result in Firefox on a Mac:

selected file name: ABC_ä.png

charcode at 0 = 65 is char A
charcode at 1 = 66 is char B
charcode at 2 = 67 is char C
charcode at 3 = 95 is char _
charcode at 4 = 228 is char ä
charcode at 5 = 46 is char .
charcode at 6 = 112 is char p
charcode at 7 = 110 is char n
charcode at 8 = 103 is char g

result in Chrome on Mac:

selected file name: ABC_ä.png

charcode at 0 = 65 is char A
charcode at 1 = 66 is char B
charcode at 2 = 67 is char C
charcode at 3 = 95 is char _
charcode at 4 = 97 is char a
charcode at 5 = 776 is char  ̈
charcode at 6 = 46 is char .
charcode at 7 = 112 is char p
charcode at 8 = 110 is char n
charcode at 9 = 103 is char g

So the ä is in Firefox 228 (which is actually the correct code), but the ä is in Chrome
on a Mac 97 (code for the character a) and 776 (code for the 2 dots over the a).

This issue occurs even when I don’t embed any font in my app.

So how can I solve this? Can I even solve this myself? Maybe it’s a Pepper Player issue.

Here is my test-code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<s:Application
xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009"
xmlns:mx="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/mx">

<fx:Script>
<![CDATA[
import mx.controls.Alert;

private var _refAddFiles:FileReferenceList;

private function uploadTest():void
{
_refAddFiles = new FileReferenceList();
_refAddFiles.addEventListener(Event.SELECT, onSelectFileRef);
_refAddFiles.browse();
}

private function onSelectFileRef(event:Event):void
{
for each(var uploadFile:Object in _refAddFiles.fileList)
{
var dateiName:String = uploadFile.name;

trace("selected file name: " + dateiName);

var traceAlert:String = "selected file name: " + dateiName + "\n\n";

for(var i:int = 0; i < dateiName.length; i++)
{
var traceStr:String = "charcode at " + i + " = " + dateiName.charCodeAt(i) + " is char " +
String.fromCharCode(dateiName.charCodeAt(i));

traceAlert += "\n" + traceStr;

trace(traceStr);
}

Alert.show(traceAlert);
}
}

]]>
</fx:Script>

<s:Button label="upload test" click="{uploadTest()}"/>

</s:Application>