flex-users mailing list archives

From Scott Matheson <smathe...@intralinks.com>
Subject Re: Flex 4.15.0
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2015 16:24:21 GMT
What is Captive Runtime  do your mean creating product for iOS

On 11/4/15, 3:57 PM, "Kessler CTR Mark J" <mark.kessler.ctr@usmc.mil> wrote:

>    Flex will be around a long time.  Flash and Air are not the same targets.  Adobe will
continue pushing Air forward even if Flash fades away one day.  Not to mention the ability
to use a captive runtime(packing similar to a standalone app).   As for FlexJS, it has good
momentum and well on the path to being a solid target.

>-Mark

around 'Flash dying' my boss has been after me to figure out if we need to move to a new technology
with 'more community support'.

>The reason I asked about this was to get an idea on what Apache Flex has in terms of a
roadmap for enhancements/ new features for Flex. I do see a lot of activity & excitement
around FlexJS but haven’t heard much on the Flex SDK side.

>I've been a fan of Flex for years now and I guess I'm looking for help from this group
to get something to counter my boss's point that  'the support for Flex is diminishing &
it’s a dying toolset'.

>Cheers
>Kunal Jaura | Director of Architecture | www.CRMantra.com  | office +1 (415) 839 9672
| mobile +1 (415) 272 4868 | kunal.jaura@CRMantra.com

<https://twitter.com/crmantra>   [cid:image009.png@01D1123B.3AB1B430] <http://www.linkedin.com/company/crmantra>

Disclaimer: This electronic mail and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged.