flex-users mailing list archives

From "Saul Diaz" <cripito...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: [FlexJS] Integration with bootstrap
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2015 16:18:04 GMT
You are right a RadioButton could be something like this

and a button something like

<button type="button" class="btn btn-primary disabled">Disabled Primary</button>

I did saw the differences between  both examples and looks similar to use spark/flatspark
 and see your point.  I can imagine how busy you are right now.

It  may help initially if we can customize the html that's generated as we did with the template
in AS . I can't see a way.

How I can help?

Regards
-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Harui [mailto:aharui@adobe.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 24, 2015 12:10 AM
To: users@flex.apache.org
Subject: Re: [FlexJS] Integration with bootstrap

On 11/23/15, 6:04 PM, "Saul Diaz" <cripito.sd@gmail.com> wrote:

>There is any way to integrate with bootstrap/metroUI or a custom CSS?

I think so, and the Flat.swc in FlexJS 0.5.0 is a proof of concept for that, but not a final
implementation.  Bootstrap seems to have its own custom components.  For example, the Bootstrap
RadioButton isn't just an <input type="radio">.  Instead, it appears to be a composition
of elements and a custom font and some fancy CSS.

FlexJS doesn't have advanced CSS selector handling on the SWF side yet, so I couldn't just
use a Bootstrap CSS theme as-is, but the Flat.swc emulates some of the Bootstrap widgets via
simpler HTML elements and some JS on the JS side and a similar composition on the SWF side.
 You can compare DataBindingTest and DataBindingTest_Flat to see how such a theme can get
used in FlexJS.

The next step would be to implement advanced CSS selectors on the SWF side and try to use
a Bootstrap CSS theme as-is.  It would be great for some volunteers to step up to do it.
I'll probably get to it eventually, but right now I have plenty of other tasks to pursue,
although feedback on this list helps me set priorities.

Thanks,
-Alex