flex-users mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Speed up application start
Date Mon, 19 Oct 2015 14:50:57 GMT

On 10/19/15, 6:16 AM, "mark goldin" <markzolotoy@gmail.com> wrote:

>I am not sure I fully understand an idea with a small swf shell firing
>Flex
>modules. My main application page is an html page. So, I could load
>shell's
>swf as such:
>  swfobject.embedSWF("shell.swf", "mainDiv", "100%", "100%", "14.0.0",
>"expressInstall.swf"). The shell swf can expose whatever public methods
>are
>needed to run modules. My question is how and what am I going to pass
>around to load a specific module being selected from the main html menu?
>Another thing is the the shell must be hidden.

Usually, the shell isn’t “hidden", the module just fully covers the
visible portion of the shell.  The modules would use ExternalInterface
probably as they do now to communicate with the HTML wrapper.  The shell
SWF would expose a callback via ExternalInterface like
“loadThisModule(url:String)” that would replace all of the
swfobject.embedSWF calls.  IOW, instead of directing swfobject to load
things, you would call into the shell SWF.

HTH,
-Alex