flex-users mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: AIR seems to be more alive than we think ;-)
Date Wed, 02 Sep 2015 20:28:39 GMT
Well I tap on an empty place on my Andoid "Desktop" ... select "Widgets" and select the first
one "Adobe Air (My Games)" ... it's a 3x2 widget ...

At least that's what I get on my Samsung Galaxy S6 with installed Adobe Air runtime ;-)

Chris

Von: Harbs <harbs.lists@gmail.com>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 2. September 2015 20:19
An: users@flex.apache.org
Betreff: Re: AIR seems to be more alive than we think ;-)

Where do you get this widget?

On Sep 2, 2015, at 10:21 AM, Christofer Dutz <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>

> I stumbled over something interesting yesterday, that I think is worthy to share :-)
>

> For my presentations I'm always looking for some proof of people still using Flash and
Air even if everybody seems to be claiming they are dead. Usually I search the playstore for
ids starting with com.adobe or similar. But when working on Flexmojos Mobile support I noticed
that this prefix isn't really proof of an application using Air or not ... but it still lists
a lot of well-known applications (mostly games). Another option was to run the Air application
on my mobile phone where it some times lists games built with Air. Unfortunately I couldn't
reproduce opening the Air App and it showing me the list ... most of the times it only showed
me 2-3 selected games and nothing more.

> Two tays ago I was playing around with my Android phone and added some strange Air container
widget to my home screen. It seems to be intended for grouping together Air based applications
on your smartphone. As expected this was empty when I placed it on my screen (I didn't install
anything using the Air-Store (or what you call it)) ... yesterday however it was suddenly
filled with games I had installed on my phone. The funny thing is that I don't have many games
as I rarely play, but 100% of the games that I do like to play seem to be built with Air (Siedler
von Catan, Cut the rope, Bejewled, ...). I intentionally installed another game that I knew
not to be built with Air and that didn't show up in the widget.

> Just thought I'd share this finding ... usually I keep my fingers still with "flex is
dead" mails, but this one is more a "alive-and-kicking" and if this finding helps someone
convince people to give it a try, it's worth talking about it ;-)