flex-users mailing list archives

From Dave Glasser <dglas...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Running flex modules from html shell
Date Sun, 13 Sep 2015 04:39:27 GMT
> > a module is not an application and cannot run without one.
That's true, At minimum, you'll need a shell application that loads and displays the modules.
You can reload the shell app each time the module changes, and pass the module parameter into
it through flashvars. The browser caching would mean it wasn't downloaded each time, but you
would still have to wait for the app to start up and initialize itself each time you switched
modules. It would probably be better to have the shell app stay loaded and script it from
Javascript like pkumar suggested. Plus, you could have application state that persists from
one module load to another. If it were me, I would probably alter your current main app to
run in "shell mode" and not display its menu, and add the ability to control it from Javascript.