flex-users mailing list archives

From brutfood <brutf...@yahoo.com>
Subject Flex mx Image source path at runtime
Date Mon, 28 Sep 2015 06:37:20 GMT
I'm wading through a Flex AIR desktop project that someone else wrote. The
original author has used several mx.controls.Image components. Runtime image
paths assigned like this:

image.source = "/assets/book.png";
BUT - It doesn't work - I just get the broken image icon.

I've never used the above approach in my own code. Personally, I've always
used compile-time embedded images or URLLoader/Loader for runtime images.

So, I'd like to learn how to get this image path approach working.

I wrote a simple test program. Here is my .mxml -

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
 <pf:LearningAS xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009"
      xmlns:mx="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/mx"
      xmlns:pf="com.powerflasher.*">
      <mx:Image id="myImage"/>
 </pf:LearningAS>

Here is my connected .as

public class LearningAS extends WindowedApplication {

    public var myImage:Image;

    public function LearningAS() {
        super();
        addEventListener(FlexEvent.CREATION_COMPLETE, init);
    }

    protected function init(event:FlexEvent):void {
        myImage.source = '/assets/myimage.png';
    }
}

I also added the src/assets folder to AIR package contents. And I added
-use-network=false to my compiler directives. (I'm using FDT, and Flex 4.6).

(PS: I know that the spark image is preferred to the mx Image nowadays.  But
the Spark image definitely doesn't support runtime image paths like this.)