flex-users mailing list archives

From After24 <vinc...@after24.net>
Subject Re: Parseley and [MessageHandler]
Date Wed, 09 Sep 2015 11:32:25 GMT
Hi Christofer,

You picked the right zombie, Parsley is a fantastic ioc framework,
especially since version 3.0 which added the new command framework.

I don't think that you can use the [MessageHandler] tag in a class that
hasn't been added the context, except by using the messaging API like you
do.

But it’s not a limitation the way I use Parsley (which is definitely not the
only way but it has proven to work great with large projects) :

Views are never added to the context because reflection costs a lot
especially with complex UI. So instead of using the <Configure> tag, I’m
just injecting the view mediator (which is added to the context) directly in
the view using the <FastInject> tag. This way, messages can be be directly
handled in the view mediator which update the view when needed.

Hope it helps.