flex-users mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Odd tab/focus behavior
Date Fri, 21 Aug 2015 23:11:57 GMT

On 8/21/15, 4:03 PM, "Dave Glasser" <dglasser@pobox.com> wrote:

>Clicking the titlebar of the main window, then back to the spawned window
>before typing (which should generate Event.ACTIVATE) does not help.
>But here's something else that makes no sense. I compiled FocusManager.as
>from the Flex 4.13.0 SDK into my app so I could put some trace statements
>in it. And without changing anything, that fixed the problem. So I'm not
>going to argue with success. I'll just add it to my build, and keep an
>eye out for other problems that might arise because of it.
>
>But is it possible that the FocusManager class that's compiled into the
>4.13.0 library SWC was not compiled from that source file? I'm quite sure
>I'm compiling with the 4.13.0 SDK's mxmlc.bat.

That’s weird.  You can swfdump the FocusManager and compare it to the
source if you really want to know.
Are you using any third-party SWCs?  If they have a FocusManager depending
on how it was built there is a slim chance it would get linked in instead
of the one in the framework.swc.  Or if you happen to have another
monkey-patched FocusManager on the source-path, that one could be getting
in.

-Alex