flex-users mailing list archives

From Douglas McCarroll <list.apache-flex....@brightworks.com>
Subject Re: Using "Experimental.swc" Code
Date Fri, 07 Aug 2015 11:24:38 GMT
Hi All,

Answering my own question here, and adding a few notes.

experimental.swc is included in the Flex SDK, and can be found in
[sdk]/frameworks/libs/.

You can find some example code that shows how to use it, by Swen Van
Zanten, here:

https://github.com/HDsign/Flex-Demo-4.10.0-mobile

In order to use the components you need to define a new "ns" namespace in
your view, like this...

xmlns:ns="http://flex.apache.org/experimental/ns"

... and use it, like this ...

<ns:SomeExperimentalComponent/>

If you're using IntelliJ, it will claim that the code is problematic, but
it compiles fine, and the Navigator component, at least, works fine in the
iOS Simulator.

And, finally, I'm happy to report that the Navigator component seems to
work as a replacement for <mx:ViewStack>    :)

Douglas