flex-users mailing list archives

From Dave Glasser <dglas...@pobox.com>
Subject Odd tab/focus behavior
Date Fri, 21 Aug 2015 21:10:07 GMT
I'm using Flex 4.13.0, on the AIR 14.something platform. I have a login dialog, that has username/password
fields (both mx.controls.TextInput) that are in a VBox in a Panel that was popped up by the
PopUpManager.
Inside a handler for its creationComplete event, I am focusing the username field like this:
usernameField.setFocus();
and I've also tried

focusManager.setFocus(usernameField);
When the dialog first appears, the cursor is blinking inside the username field and it has
the focus rectangle, as you'd expect. When I type in a username, the letters appear in the
field as expected.
The problem is that the first time I hit the tab key, nothing happens. Maybe the cursor inside
the field flickers but that's it. And if I hit the tab key a second time, it behaves as expected,
with the focus moving to the password field.

If, before I hit the tab key the first time, I click inside the text field with the mouse,
then the first tab keystroke shifts the focus as expected.
Has anyone encountered this before?