flex-users mailing list archives

From Paul Hastings <paul.hasti...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ESRI Map offline
Date Mon, 31 Aug 2015 16:45:42 GMT
On 8/31/2015 2:53 PM, OmPrakash Muppirala wrote:
> Any particular reason you are using the ESRI maps?  I have been using the
> ModestMaps API for AS3 [1] and it has worked very well.  There is also a
> Flex wrapper available [2]

for us, ESRI provides some useful client side analytical functionality. some of
which i guess spatialite might replace but we've never gotten very far trying to
integrate it into AIR. for the curious:

https://www.gaia-gis.it/fossil/libspatialite/index

then there's corporate, many large spatial data using clients have basically
sold their souls to ESRI for decades now. no escaping that.

for us the real shame was google, nobody's come close to them in terms of
coverage & maybe never will :-(