flex-users mailing list archives

From Hans Nücke <h...@nuecke.de>
Subject Re: [FlexJS] Does debugging work on IntelliJ?
Date Sun, 30 Aug 2015 22:31:19 GMT
In general it works perfectly fine!
I rarely have a problem when the debugger somehow cannot connect.
What helped in such case was to make a little change (insert an empty
line or similar) so the class was compiled again.
After that it worked.

What also can help is clearing the cache: File - Invalidate Caches / Restart
But  that also cleans your local history; what not always is a first
preference ;-)

Also a reboot might help.

And as Alex said: make sure you run the configuration that has the
compile box checked:
File - Project Structure - Modules - (select your module you start in
your configuration) - Compiler Options - Generate Debuggable SWF

What surprises me is that you say not even trace statements work?
Are you sure you're editing and testing the same module (it happened to
me that I  used a configuration I did not intend to use ;-)

If not even the trace statement gives the expected output, something
must be pretty wrong...

Good luck and regards