flex-users mailing list archives

From Peter Ginneberge <p.ginnebe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Spark/MX
Date Fri, 14 Aug 2015 07:08:35 GMT

I'm afraid I disagree. Unless you have proof - other than you just saying it -
I really doubt spark improves response time.

Here's my take on it..

The default spark theme is fugly, so you'll have to come up with your own
skins if you want your app to look somewhat decent.

Spark in general is much more verbose. You'll have to write quite a bit more
code to get things done (skinning for one).

If I'm not mistaken, you have to add scrollbars to containers that may need
them. Halo does this automatically.

Spark has a few components missing compared to Halo, however Halo components
are no longer updated, so if you run into a bug you'll probably have to fix it
yourself.

Spark does mobile, Halo not so much.

For AIR and web I still use Halo (MX only). For mobile, use Spark.

regards,
Peter