flex-users mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Spark/MX
Date Fri, 14 Aug 2015 06:39:55 GMT
Hi,

> It is better & recommended to use spark libraries & component in Flex4 or
> if you are developing app in Flex4 you  should use spark component only.
> This will improve the application response time.

That may not be the case, spark components all things considered are generally slower than
MX ones but have a better way of skinning. The MX datagrid has had significant performance
improvements since comping to Apache and I’ve found it to be a lot faster than the spark
one. It will of course depend on how you’re using the components and which ones.

Thanks,
Justin