flex-users mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: FlexUnit doubt
Date Sun, 30 Aug 2015 12:51:42 GMT
Hi,

> I know about test suites, but it's not exactly what I'm looking for, I'm
> talking about reusing logic in several tests

Sounds to me like your tests are more integration test than unit tests. If you’ve not read
"Working Effectively with Legacy Code” by Michael Feathers you might want to take a look.

In it he says "A unit test that takes 1/10th of a second to run is a slow unit test.” so
any test that touches a database or makes a HTTP call is probably not a unit test. That being
said it's better to have tests than no tests at all. I’d try an aim for a 80% / 20% rule
re integration vs unit test.

Also look into Mocks they will make you’re life easier and your tests faster.

Thanks,
Justin