flex-users mailing list archives

From Yishay Weiss <yishayj...@hotmail.com>
Subject Can FlexJS Be Used for Mobile AIR?
Date Mon, 24 Aug 2015 12:02:35 GMT
Hi,

I'm starting a new mobile project and thought I would use FlexJS. I know
it's in a fuzzy beta/alpha stage but I see an advantage in a smaller
footprint and of course in potentially using the same code base for creating
a js web app.

>From past experience I've found Adobe AIR to be better than phonegap in
terms of debuggability and consistency across platforms, so I'd rather
target that in the first stage.

Is what I'm planning feasible at this stage? I've downloaded the nightly
build and was able to set it up for IntelliJ and the example I tried works
for web apps using flash and js. However, when running the MobileTrader
example and targeting 'Mobile' in IntelliJ I get:

Error:(24, 0) [MobileArabic]: unable to open
'C:\dev\flexjs\frameworks\themes\Mobile\mobile.swc'.
C:\Users\Yishay\.IntelliJIdea14\system\compile-server\_temp_\IntelliJ_IDEA\idea-EDFF690B-6CF73B1C.xml
(line: 24)

Any inputs or ideas?

Thanks