flex-users mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Problem with Modal Popup
Date Sun, 19 Jul 2015 05:02:20 GMT
Spark or MX List?

Focus management could be messing you up: there are rules for having focusable item renderers.
There could also be an issue with how the visible area gets calculated.

If you have a simple test case, open an issue at http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX

-Alex

From: Kunal Jaura <kunal.jaura@crmantra.com<mailto:kunal.jaura@crmantra.com>>
Date: Saturday, July 18, 2015 at 10:20 AM
To: "users@flex.apache.org<mailto:users@flex.apache.org>" <users@flex.apache.org<mailto:users@flex.apache.org>>
Subject: Problem with Modal Popup

Hi,

I have a view which shows a form. The form itself is designed as a List with a custom itemRenderer
showing a Name as label and a textinput as the place to enter the value. Some of the fields
in the form are drop down values – list, dates etc. For this I use the PopUpManager to show
a custom component which shows a list spinner or a date picker depending on the type of the
field.

I’m facing a weird problem. As long as I don’t scroll vertically in the list the modal
popup works just fine. I can see the right data and selection works fine as well. But after
I scroll even the slightest bit, the modal popup stops showing. The modal overlay sort of
kicks in but that actual component is not shown. At this point the app becomes unusable and
you have to hard quit and restart the app.

Any idea on why this would be happening? Oh and I’ve tried this with Flex 4.13, 4.14, 4.14.1
and see the same behavior.

Cheers
Kunal Jaura | Director of Architecture | www.CRMantra.com<http://www.crmantra.com/>

[cid:image007.png@01D0C143.62CB13B0]<http://www.crmantra.com/>           [cid:image008.png@01D0C143.62CB13B0]