flex-users mailing list archives

From Peter Ginneberge <p.ginnebe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: launching Air from command line loses input arguments when auto-update occurs
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2015 01:32:58 GMT

Save the app arguments to a SharedObject (aka Flash cookie).
Use the Updater "isFirstRun" property to check for a "first run after an
update". If so, use the last saved arguments from the SharedObject.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/flash/net/SharedObject.html

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/air/reference/html/air/update/ApplicationUpdaterUI.html#isFirstRun

regards,
Peter

On 7/07/2015 0:37, modjklist@comcast.net wrote:
> First time Air user (3.1) trying to understand its capabilities for desktop deployment.
Using Flex 4.12 with Flash Builder 4.7.

> I have some use for a desktop app that can be launched from the command line to develop
part of an automated process.

>>From what I can tell in my simple test case, one can launch an Air application from
the command line with input arguments (e.g. user name and password).

> But when it's time to update the application, the Air updater framework does not pass-through
the input arguments when the update process completes (the app launches using the updated
version, but without the input arguments provided in the command line).

> This would seem to make it difficult (impossible?) to use as part of a larger code base
for automating processes.

> Has anyone experience with this before, and/or know any workaround? Perhaps writing to
a local file to save the input arguments and reading them back in later (which event to use?)?
etc.