flex-users mailing list archives

From modjkl...@comcast.net
Subject launching Air from command line loses input arguments when auto-update occurs
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2015 22:37:43 GMT
First time Air user (3.1) trying to understand its capabilities for desktop deployment. Using
Flex 4.12 with Flash Builder 4.7.

I have some use for a desktop app that can be launched from the command line to develop part
of an automated process.

>From what I can tell in my simple test case, one can launch an Air application from the
command line with input arguments (e.g. user name and password).

But when it's time to update the application, the Air updater framework does not pass-through
the input arguments when the update process completes (the app launches using the updated
version, but without the input arguments provided in the command line).

This would seem to make it difficult (impossible?) to use as part of a larger code base for
automating processes.

Has anyone experience with this before, and/or know any workaround? Perhaps writing to a local
file to save the input arguments and reading them back in later (which event to use?)? etc.